Today we finaly started the Cooking! We arrived yesterday at a beautiful villa, total 12 of us - 2 Australian couples, 2 couples from US and 3 singles ladies (Canada, Australia and me). Quite an interesting mixture of the crowd with the same cooking pation! 2 of them have even come for the second time...after nearly 10 years. We made friends immediately and it feels like Home - house has such a good karma...
The main course of today was the Pizza - here, in Tuscany, on Sunday they usualy make pizza...so did we.
Key ingredients are Pizza dough and Fresh tomatoe souce:
Pizza Dough recipie
60ml olive oil
25g bread yeast (fresh) or 12g dried
500ml warm water
1kg all purpose flour
10g fine salt
1. Crumble the yeast in a bowl. Add the salt and mix until you get a liquid consistency.
2. Add the oil, water and flour and mux together.
3. Knead well untill you have a smooth dough.
4. Form the dough into a large ball and place it in a bowl and cover it with a dampened towel and let it stand for 5min.
5. Cut into pieces of about 230g each and form into small balls.
6. Let the balls stand covered for at least 2 hours or until you need them.
7. If desired keep the dough in the refrigerator for a day covered with a damp cloth.
8. Remove from refrigerator an hour before use.
P.s for Focaccia use the same ingredients plus 2 medium large boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes.
Preparing a pizza
1. Roll out about 2mm thick fir a crispy or 5mm for a softer pizza.
2. Garnish with fresh tomatoe souce (mash peeled-canned (!!!) tomatoes with potatoe masher, add olive oil, salt&peper, basil, wild majoram).
3. Add chopped mozzarella and any other ingredients you like.
4. Bake in oven for 15min at 250C.
- Pumpkin and Parmesan cheese cups (absolutely amazing hot starter)
- Mediterranean fresh tomatoe sauce
- Green parsley sauce
- Cheese and Truffle fondue souce
- Aubergine souce
- Zabione cream with Cat's tongue (ah... that melted in the mouth even after 3 course dinner..)
- Panna Cotta
- Almond cookies - Cantuccini
Time went fast... again the 3 course Dinner..... and a traditional dessert table with 36 bottles of alcohol drinks on it... and endless chitty chatting till mudnight..